Friday 30 May 2014

A new room deserves a new quilt...

Bonsoir :) 

Having been absent for a few days, I feel the need to explain why!! 
I have been painting my room! What colour? PURPLE!!! 
Painting has proved rather tiring, and I wish I had known how difficult it actually is, especially the feature wall in a deep mulberry purple tone. (Hiding the brush marks and gaps was a nightmare)
I physically ached all over, but alas there was still some movement inside me yet. What does Alice do with her remaining energy? She makes a quilt of course :)

If anyone wants to make this quilt you will need....
  • 12-13 swatches of liberty fabric at 25cm x 137cm/fabric of your choice
  • 275cm x 150cm of batting (for a double bed) - alternatively buy a double mattress protector as they have batting inside of them just the same (it may be cheaper!!!)
  • 2 double size sheets in the fabric/colour of your choice - approx 275cm x 150cm of fabric for each
  • Scissors
  • Ruler/Metre stick
  • Pencil/Pen/Taylor's chalk 
  • Cotton (lots of cotton!!!)
  • Sewing machine and Needle and Thread (part hand quilted)
  • Pins and more pins
  • Sweets (preferably Haribo) and Diet Coke



I feel that the fabrics match my sewing machine very well! I love this machine, it is a John Lewis machine, but for all of you who did not already know this - John Lewis machines are actually Janome machines just with the JL brand on them! I really couldn't recommend this machine more, and coming in at around £139 a bargain too!
Half quilted before adding border...



Although the painting in my room is not quite done, (I am leaving the edges to my dad, as he'll kill me a) if I get them wrong, and b) I'm too scared to mess them up) but I feel the need to show you the complimentary nature of this quilt with my new colour scheme :)



I have been collecting these liberty purple fabrics for quite some time, and it's great to have finally used them! Now all I'm thinking about is matching curtains... 



















 A happy albeit/blurry/tired Alice with the final result :) It's very snuggly too!


VoilàSo...now I think it's safe to say it's time for a cup of tea and a snuggle under this quilt with a film! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment