Having been absent for a few days, I feel the need to explain why!!
I have been painting my room! What colour? PURPLE!!!
Painting has proved rather tiring, and I wish I had known how difficult it actually is, especially the feature wall in a deep mulberry purple tone. (Hiding the brush marks and gaps was a nightmare)
I physically ached all over, but alas there was still some movement inside me yet. What does Alice do with her remaining energy? She makes a quilt of course :)
If anyone wants to make this quilt you will need....
- 12-13 swatches of liberty fabric at 25cm x 137cm/fabric of your choice
- 275cm x 150cm of batting (for a double bed) - alternatively buy a double mattress protector as they have batting inside of them just the same (it may be cheaper!!!)
- 2 double size sheets in the fabric/colour of your choice - approx 275cm x 150cm of fabric for each
- Ruler/Metre stick
- Pencil/Pen/Taylor's chalk
- Cotton (lots of cotton!!!)
- Sewing machine and Needle and Thread (part hand quilted)
- Pins and more pins
- Sweets (preferably Haribo) and Diet Coke
I feel that the fabrics match my sewing machine very well! I love this machine, it is a John Lewis machine, but for all of you who did not already know this - John Lewis machines are actually Janome machines just with the JL brand on them! I really couldn't recommend this machine more, and coming in at around £139 a bargain too!
Half quilted before adding border...
I have been collecting these liberty purple fabrics for quite some time, and it's great to have finally used them! Now all I'm thinking about is matching curtains...
A happy albeit/blurry/tired Alice with the final result :) It's very snuggly too!