Friday 23 May 2014

Chapter 4

"Not all who wander are lost" - Tolkien

Today has been a day surrounded by my best friends, even though each and every one of them are far away right now. Each and every one of them also being rather creative, whether with words, imagination or artistic ability.

Firstly, I want to congratulate Emily who finished her degree today, I couldn't be more proud and excited for her next chapter and to see her!!! (And party!!!) I learn so much from her everyday, and am always inspired by her creativity. She has shown me so many beautiful things in this world, and we both share the same love of music and have pretty much identical life stories! Fate. She has inspired so many of my makes over the years. My particular favourite, has to be when I screen printed her a fabric piece dedicated to "Gone with the Wind" and "Casablanca" in New York. I then used this particular piece (which turned out rather well if I may say so), to make a lovely cushion for her 21st birthday!

I also want to congratulate Katie who finished her second year of University today, I should imagine I shall be talking about her incredible Graphics on here in the near future!!! We also went quilt shopping the other day just outside of Falmouth, in the most amazing shop! I have attached the website too :) However the point was, all my crazy quilting may have encouraged Katie to start quilting too! She bought a beautiful selection of blue fabrics! Below is a snapchat of her patchwork Cornwall-esque quilt idea :) I hope you have fun!!! - www.coastandcountrycrafts.co.uk/



Last, but by no means least!!! I want to say a big thank you to Alice Edwards, my sister from another mister!! We also have a case of crazy identical lives (both stemming from twin brothers, who both have the same rare classic car...oh and I guess because we both have the same name!!) I am very much missing living with this lovely lady, however she has been providing me with wonderful pins for an idea I poached her wonderful eye for :) The idea in the picture below has to be a particular fave of mine! Come winter, you will all get to see how much of a lover of wool I am!! (Maybe that's why I am so excited to go to New Zealand so much ...2 winters!!! WITH WOOL!!) 


I also heard from an old friend today. Maybe old friends are like old quilts - they can be stitched back together if you make that choice :)  

In the midst of all this happy news, I have just about managed to sit down to my sewing table! However... I have had a slight problem. After a long while searching, I appear to have misplaced my rotary cutter...can I steal mums pizza cutter? I don't think so!! Alas, one has to resort to the good ol' pinking sheers! 


HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE - STARTS NOW!! WATCH THIS SPACE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment