Saturday 24 May 2014

Head over heels in love quilt begins...

IT IS SO DIFFICULT!!!

I have managed 3 hearts so far... Maddy has been helping me, the whole family are home, I have sweets, we are going to make a cake, I'm wearing my liberty dress...today is a crazy day!!!


Here is my little helper... with a weepy eye :( 


The Ace of Hearts 


I will be needing to perfect my ironing skills... 

One happy Alice in her liberty print dress (Wiltshire berry) after some serious concentration re heart quilting!!!


The hearts are driving me crazy!!! I have decided that the hearts are just going to be a continuous border of the quilt, and will not be used for the entire thing!!! However, thank you sew french for the inspiration, you must be so very patient!!! 


SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

The hearts really really really started to stress me out!! 

I don't know what I'm going to do with them now...but I will persevere!! I toyed with a few ideas...




But eventually ended up being so frustrated and therefore resorted to the ease of this...which I've had in a box ready to make for ages!! It took me all of 1/2 an hour! I will post a pic of it quilted tomorrow :) 


As far as the hearts are concerned who knows... however I found more quilt ideas that don't require such fiddly folds!! I completely adore the bird cushion and will be making it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment