Wednesday 21 May 2014

Chapter 1

My love of art stems from a childhood surrounded by an abundance of the arts. I have been brought up in a family where appreciation of the arts has been encouraged, stimulating a passion to be a part of the arts sector. I have been very lucky to have grown up in an arty family that loves to travel. This opened my eyes to different cultures from a very young age. Galavanting all over the world showed me designs beyond my imagination. Stemming from mosaics at the Alhambra Palace - which fuelled my creativity with regard to patchwork, The Kunst House in Vienna - expressing design, and modern art - at the Moma in New York. 




In the summer of 2013, I worked as a Visual Arts teacher at French Woods Festival for the Arts in New York. I taught with unique skills that I acquired from experts in the field, particularly in the fibre arts department. This experience enhanced my awareness of the extensive range of Art available and furthered my skills, as well as fuelling my creativity. This experience allowed me to witness the application of the arts in different aspects of society and enabled me to bring back ideas, and new projects that I have been able to pass on to students in Wales.. 



My desire to ensure that a creative culture prevails motivates me to write this blog, and to encourage others to get involved in art.


No comments:

Post a Comment