Friday 6 June 2014

Lady of Liberty...and leisure!



I finished my liberty wiltshire berry print top and I couldn't be happier with it!! It's about time I started making my own clothes again, and after the success of this garment (in my opinion) I have decided to make a dress out of a different print (Liberty of course!!) for graduation :) 




So, in my new liberty top and with the delightful company of my best friend Emily, we were on our way to the Model House of craft and design in Llantrisant! I used to go regularly as a child with my mum, and felt the need to show it to Emily :) 



Alpaca dyed wools 



I rather liked this persons workspace :) 

Little bit of felting...


 Some beautifully knitted cushions, expressing some lovely welsh words!


 Because every Arts Centre needs a Singer of some sort!!!

Lovely display idea!

I intend to do just this!! £24.95 seems very steep for a frame and part of a scrabble board however!

Home sweet home

The very wise words of Mr Morris.



How many is too many cups of tea?

Beautiful Emily



 Being rather sassy!

I want to frame one of these!! We had just enjoyed a lovely cuppa and a slice of cake each. I actually had diet coke but Emily had some earl grey so I guess that counts! It was such a lovely day, despite my slow walking still. This also has to be one of my favourite cafe's in the world, regardless of the crappy parking. All in all, delightful day out with the bestie! 




The delightful day didn't stop there either. Upon arriving home, a lovely parcel was there waiting for me :) My brand new mannequin!!!! I have so many ideas for clothes to make and now I can do just that!! 

Another parcel was 3m of this liberty fabric that I am going to use for my first project using the mannequin. 

I have never used a mannequin before, so this should be an experience and hopefully an enjoyable one! My project, albeit brave, is a dress for graduation. I want it to be quite retro with a large skirt, with a sort of 50s swing to it. Think tea dress, think vintage!

I adore this print and think it will make a beautiful dress regardless of my sewing if it's crap! It is called Betsy Anne and is again by Liberty of London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment