Thursday 5 June 2014

Daddy cool!




Day out with Dad in his Morgan 

Today the sun was shining so beautifully that we felt the need to take full advantage of it! We took the Morgan down to the beach and drove down the motorway at a very fast face! On the journey there I actually felt like a helicopter. My hair was whipping around in circles and I felt like I would take off at any second...it was really fun!!!

I very much enjoyed a 99 flake ice cream, and a hot choccy! We took lots of photos even though neither of us were up to walking very far at all, I wish my foot would get better asap!!! Regardless, I had a lovely day out with my father, which is always a rare occasion, but always enjoyable!



On the way home...I was far more pragmatic/albeit silly! I had my scarf wrapped around my head (I say my scarf, it's not...it belongs to one of my besties Alice!!!) So, I'm sure you can guess, I pretended I was Audrey Hepburn... there was additional fun, especially with my horrendous pair of sunny g's!!!



After a lovely day out, I felt the need to return to my sewing machine, and perhaps learn a new technique! I have been following a french lady on instagram for quite a while now and she makes smocks out of beautiful fabrics, some being liberty. So I decided that today I would learn to smock/ do some shirring! I am very grateful that it was relatively straightforward, and can now say it is a skill I will hope to use regularly! I ended the day with the finished product of a liberty smocked top in Wiltshire Berry print. I am thrilled with it! Dressmaking look out, my wardrobe is yet to burst it's banks! Here is a picture of my fully lined and finished top :) 


I haven't made clothes for a while, but with new found confidence, I think I will post a tutorial on this one, as I truly believe that even a novice could do this, especially if  they already have a few sewing machine techniques :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment