Saturday 19 July 2014

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.


Today, I write with a combination of themes. This week, I have graduated from the University of Exeter with a 2:1 in my Law Degree. Alas...I graduated in Liberty print!! 

 Here is a picture that I plan on getting printed and framed of myself in my betsy ann print dress and my University sister/twin Alice!! She is fabulous! It has been an honour to spend my University experience with her, and I know that we'll be life long friends, no matter how much we fight/bicker!! We share the same name, the same car, some of the same viewpoints, the same degree, and many more!! But most importantly, we share a beautiful friendship! I wouldn't have wanted to share the years of uni with anybody else!! 

Here is a pic of myself and the lovely Emma Harris! :) My lovely Cornish friend and I have shared so many lovely times throughout my degree. I have particularly fond memories of lunches filled with LOTS OF PASTA and complaining about our degree!! She is absolutely hilarious, and I hope we stay friends for a really long time :) I will miss you when you're on your travels dear!! Emma has always been really supportive of my art, and has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams here. Emma's boyfriend Tom is also a star, who thinks the fact that I'm welsh is very hilarious when drunk, and continues to do delightful, albeit funny impressions!! 


My beautiful sister Jess! Words can't even explain this one. She's always been my best friend, and I love her to pieces. She is beautiful inside and out, and is always there for me. I certainly couldn't have done my degree without her, and she finds my love of liberty absolutely hilarious!! I'm so glad she came to my graduation :) 


Another of Alice and I for a frame :) 





To celebrate my degree and this new chapter of my life, I have invested and sewn some new liberty items, including this reversible Liberty print jacket and a camera case that I bought from etsy in betsy print to go to New Zealand with :) The bag I currently had for my canon was slightly too big for my travels, so this was a great find!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment